Brussel & Zucchini Bowl
Author: Tessa Jean
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Buddha Bowl
Serves: 1 bowl (but enough veggies for 3-4 more bowls)
- ----Roasted Veggies:
- 3 cups brussel sprout, quartered
- 2 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 4T coconut oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- garlic powder
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- 1 can cooked tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- ----Other goods:
- 1 Aidelles Organic Sweet Basil & Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage
- 1 cup spinach
- 2T Whole Foods ginger miso dressing
- Roast your veggies! I always do this ahead of time so I have a bunch on hand. Grab 2 baking sheets and evenly dispense your brussel sprouts on one, and your sliced zucchini on the other. Drizzle the veggies with your coconut oil and add your spices. Roast them at 425, for about 20-25 mins, checking them to make sure they are done.
- While the veggies are roasting, cook your rice. While the rice is cooking, add in your tomatoes with your spices and let it cook way down.
- For the chicken sausage, I cut it in about ½" quarters and cook it in about 1T coconut oil on medium heat over the stove until golden brown on each side
- To serve, fill your bowls with your greens and top with a bed of brown rice. Add a serving of brussels and zucchini a to your bowl. Add your chicken sausage and the rest of your goods. Drizzle your delish dressing over the top. Mix well and chow down!