Happy summer, friends! This week I have the immense pleasure of house sitting my boss’ house who just so happens to live RIGHT on the water. This house is an absolute dream. It is smaller, super cozy, has a charming beachy flair, and has the most incredible view of the ocean. In addition, the bed is the absolute most comfortable, plush pillow of a mattress and it is impossible to pry myself out of bed in the mornings (at 4:45am, mind you). Their back patio is located right on the marina, so sunsets and evening reading is taken to a whole new level.
There’s something about relaxing outside on the back patio, book in hand, toes in the water, that makes me CRAVE fresh summer fruits. Luckily, today I had just that on hand! I bought the most delicious looking peaches at Whole Foods this week and was just waiting for the perfect concoction to enjoy them in. My goal as of lately is to consume more protein, so I knew I wanted to incorporate something along those lines into my afternoon lunch. I know, you’re probably thinking, oatmeal for lunch? Yes. I eat every kind of meal at any time of the day. I am not picky.
Anywho, these oats hit the spot in every single way. I rarely EVER cook oats on the stovetop because I don’t typically have enough time, or to be honest, am just lazy! But I am converted. These were the creamiest oats I have ever eaten, and the flavor combination of the vanilla and fresh peach almost made me cry a little inside. Whether you’re looking for a power-punched breakfast, a fresh tropical snack, or an afternoon lunch pick-me-up, I got you covered.
- 1 cup vanilla coconut milk (unsweetened)
- ⅓ cups rolled oats
- ½ scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Vega Protein & Greens)
- 1 Tbs peanut butter powder
- ½ fresh peach
- Toppings: peanut butter, pepitas, bee pollen, chia seeds, & fresh strawberry
- Heat your milk of choice and oats over the stove on medium heat.
- Wait until the milk becomes a little thicker and your oats soften, turn to a simmer, and add your protein powder & peanut powder.
- Once your oatmeal is at the desired consistency, transfer to a bowl.
- Slice your peaches and add to the top to garnish.
- Finish with any other toppings you feel would compliment this the best!