Aloha from the sunshine state! There’s been a flurry of activity here in the crazy life of this little Hawaiian chick. For starters, I got to take an exciting trip back home to Washington to spend a beautiful weekend with my family. Upon returning I got to welcome in the long awaited mango season, catch up on my tan (I know, that’s annoying), eat a lot of fresh pressed juicery, and begin the process of looking for a new house! And now I’m gearing up for my next trip to the Big Sky Country of Montana to see my Grandma! Needless to say, I am feeling rather frazzled!
But amidst all the craziness, I made a big ADULT purchase… A vitamix! I couldn’t be more excited! Obviously, I have been making anything and everything I can in my new toy. One thing I have been craving lately are the delicious coconut fat balls that I posted about a while ago. Being so busy and crazy, I always need some quick snacks on the go. I decided to try something a little different and do a chocolate version of these balls. Because, DUH. I had no idea they would turn out to be so incredibly creamy and delicious… I almost feel guilty eating them because they taste so amazing! Anyways, these make the best snack on the go or the perfect travel snack. So give them a go, and tell me they aren’t the chocolatey-est yummies you’ve ever tasted! GO!
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ½ cup almonds
- ¾ cup cashews
- 2T ground flax seeds
- 2T cocoa powder
- 1 packet instant coffee (optional)
- 2tsp cinnamon
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1-2T honey (add more for increased sweetness!)
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 3T bee pollen, for rolling
- Add all your ingredients to a food processor (or Vitamix), and blend until you get a dough-like consistency and all the ingredients are ground together!
- Place your dough in the refrigerator until chilled. This makes the balls easier to roll.
- Roll the dough into bite-sized balls, and roll those into your bee pollen (if desired).
- Place your rolled balls into a container, and place them in the freezer!
- For optimum enjoyment, take the balls out and let thaw a couple minutes before consuming! YUM!