These protein-packed power pancakes (say that five times fast!) are the perfect solution to all your pancake cravings. I honestly NEVER eat pancakes because there is this silly stigma surrounding them and I’ve been engrained to believe they are fattening, unhealthy, and basically qualifies as having dessert for breakfast. Needless to say, I have been on the lookout for a healthy, hearty, GLUTEN FREE alternative to the classic buttermilk pancakes I grew up eating (cue the chocolate chips & waterfalls of maple syrup… YUM). But let me tell you, these happy little friends (yes, I am referring to the pancakes) have been such a lifesaver.
With over 20 grams of protein, healthy fat, and loads of fiber, I am STOKED to introduce you to an amazingly healthy version of pancakes! Not only are they delicious and incredibly versatile, but the fat, fiber, & protein complex they have going for them keeps you full for hours. Okay. I feel like I am trying to be a salesperson right now. And I’m no good at sales, so I am going to quit while I am behind.
But I am just excited because I ate these for breakfast and they left me so satisfied that I just had to share. Sometimes I have so much passion, I don’t know what to do with it. No shame though. For a gluten free foodie like me, when you find something delicious sometimes you just gotta shout it from the rooftops… or in my case just write an obnoxious blog post about it. You’re welcome.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ rolled oats
- 1T coconut flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (OR collagen peptides)
- ½ banana
- 1 heaping scoop of nut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1-2 tsp. cinnamon (I use lots, because yum)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Blend all of your ingredients together.
- Add coconut oil to lightly cover the bottom of a pan, and transfer batter to pan and form into about 3" pancakes.
- I let them cook on about medium-high for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Top with your goodies of choice! I typically top mine with greek yogurt for extra protein, more cinnamon, and a slight drizzle of honey.
- Chow down!