A delightfully light & refreshing sweet treat to cure those after dinner sweet tooths!
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: About 32
- 1½ cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup melted virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch finely ground sea salt
- 8 ounces dark chocolate
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine your coconut flakes, honey, coconut oil, extracts and sea salt.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer your tasty filling to a food processor and process for about 30 seconds until coconut flakes are broken down and the filling is a bit more pasty.
- Begin rolling balls of the coconut filling onto one of your parchment trays. They should be about the size of a very plump grape.
- Using your fingers, gently press each ball down to a flat disc about ⅛" thick.
- FREEZE these quarters for about 20 minutes, or until frozen solid.
- Grab remaining parchment lined baking sheet (for finished candies) and melt your chocolate. Make sure to do this properly, so as not to burn it!
- Take your frozen discs and QUICKLY dip each one in the melted chocolate and place on the 2nd lined baking sheet! Do this until they are all coated. Then transfer again to the freezer for about 15 minutes or until satisfyingly frozen.
- Chow down!
For my dark chocolate I use Lily's Dark Chocolate Premium Baking Chips. They're unreal!